Inforce Computing Forums

inforce computing forums to discuss about inforce products

IFC6540 Getting Started with Linux...

Questions and discussions related to Inforce 6540

by Inforce » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:49 am

Ed,
Linaro does not produce releases for IFC6540, that is correct. However most (if not all) the user space is common between IFC6540 and IFC6410. So Inforce is producing their own releases for IFC6540 which are based on the Linaro release for IFC6410. They do certainly change the kernel however, since the kernel we use for IFC6410 releases wouldn't support the 6540.
hope this clarifies.
Inforce
Site Admin

Sundeep,
I'm confused…
You say that Linaro does not have a Snapdragon 805 release; but as far as I can tell the image that I downloaded from your site is from Linaro. The release notes document (IFC6540_Ubuntu_Linux_ReleaseNotes_002337_Rev_A.pdf) also seems to imply that. I was assuming that your source tree came from Linaro. Did I misunderstand something?
Ed
Inforce
Site Admin

Regarding cursor…
If the release is months away, can the cursor issue be patched somehow?
Regarding Linaro…
Do you have any idea what this site (https://wiki.linaro.org/Boards/IFC6540) is?
Regarding camera…
I saw the accessory camera, what APIs will hook to it? (v4l2, opencv, gstreamer)
Thanks
Ed
Inforce
Site Admin

Hi Ed,
The mouse issue (cursor being invisible) has been fixed and the analog audio feature has been implemented. but we do not yet have an updated release on Techweb.
Linaro does not have a Linux release for Snadragon 805 based platforms.
Yes, we do have CSI camera and display accessories that plug into IFC6540 and these are available for sale on our website.
I do not see an email from with these questions on Techsupport.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Sundeep
Inforce
Site Admin

by Inforce » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:50 am

Hi (message updated May5,2015),
I have a brand new IFC6540. My plan is to replace our current iMX6-based platform with the Snapdragon 805 assuming things go well here. I managed to use fastboot to reload the board with Linux and so far things look good. I have console access through the 3-pin UART connection, HDMI connected to LCD shows Linaro bootup, and I installed "cheese" and verified that I can interface to a microsoft webcam. I was even able to ssh into the board from another machine successfully. All good (so far). I have a USB keyboard and mouse connected. Keyboard works, but I see that the mouse appears to work, but I can't see a cursor. The reason I know it is somewhat working is because if I move the mouse around I do see items on the screen go active as if the cursor was hovering over them, and then if I click on the mouse that item is activated.
So, I'm up and running (with a few issues), here are some questions:
1. The mouse issue is noted in the Jan-12 release notes from Inforce, is there any update on this?
2. Should I be using the images from Techweb, or should I go to linaro to get the latest kernel?
3. I have had no luck with audio in or out using the audio jacks. Does/should it work?
4. Are there available CSI cameras and displays that plug into the IFC6540?
5. Is this the best place to ask these kinds of questions (I sent email to techsupport@inforcecomputing.com days ago, with still no response)?
6. Are there other forums related to this topic? It scares me that I am the only post here in 3 weeks.
Thanks in advance,
Ed
Inforce
Site Admin

by Sundeep » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:45 pm

Hello,
The Android programming guide would be a good start. It is useful to help set up your host environment and perform a build. Note that It does not cater to any specific platform or release and is a guide to setup your host environment. Once you have setup your host, it is easy to flash any release onto your board. The release notes would have specific instructions. The board comes with fastboot support and thus doesn't require any additional installations. Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Sundeep
Sundeep

Return to INFORCE 6540™

Contact Us.