Inforce Computing Forums

inforce computing forums to discuss about inforce products

How to Capture from MIPI with no I2c Communication?

Questions and discussions related to Inforce 6601™ development kit

by kim760407 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:20 am

Hi. I have a custom board that is outputting MIPI data. I connect the custom board to the Inforce 6601 development board. I probe the data and clock lines on the MIPI port of the development board and see these lines have something on them (2 data lines and one clock line, same as the ov5640). There is no i2c connection to the custom sensor board, it is already outputting data and is set up correctly.

I am working with debian Linux and hacked the ov5640 driver to not send any i2c commands to my custom board. Everything else in the driver is as it was originally. The device tree is also untouched. I send the media-ctl commands to the /dev/media0 device with the correct format of the data coming in. When I try to capture, however, I do not get any data. I used the v4l2-ctl to capture and this is the output:
SD> v4l2-ctl --stream-mmap=4 --verbose
VIDIOC_QUERYCAP: ok
VIDIOC_REQBUFS: ok
VIDIOC_QUERYBUF: ok
VIDIOC_QBUF: ok
VIDIOC_STREAMON: ok

and it just hangs there. Because there is no i2c communication to the custom board with the sensor, is there something I need to do in the device tree or driver to get the capture to work?

Any help would be appreciated.
Kim
kim760407

by ashwin » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:15 am

Hi Kim,

I2C is required via the CCI lines to control the camera.

Is there some reason that you are not using i2c lines(CCI) for the CSI camera?

Best Regards,
Ashwin
ashwin

Return to INFORCE 6601™ DEVELOPMENT KIT

Contact Us.